Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Convention

A few days ago I was lucky enough to have attended my first Stampin' Up convention, and I have to say it was amazing. I met so many really beautiful people, learnt so many new tricks, been spoiled with great gifts, had fun stamping, enjoyed fantastic food and I have to say just had a ball. It was really full on, so I was totally exhausted on Sunday, and I had to go to bed the earliest I have in years. The kids were shocked, they have never had to go to bed before without the hall light being on for hours till I retire.

These were the amazing group of women who also attended from the team I am a part of.
They are all so lovely, it was nice to spend more time getting to know them.
And thank you Rachel J for sharing the room with me and putting up with all my chatting to the wee hours of the morning. I had a great time getting to know you better. I still can not believe you had never made a card before joining SU!


This pic is of Shelli up on stage demonstrating Vintage themed projects. She is the founder of Stampin Up and is just the most beautiful woman, inside and out. She is a pleasure to listen to and you just can not help but love her.


So everyone in the room could see, and there were 500 of us, they filmed every move so we could always see clearly what was going on. Some of the projects, I just can not wait to try.


After every demonstration they would put the samples on large boards for us to inspect close up. Unfortunately, most of the samples were made using new stamps and supplies from the yet to be released catalogue, so I am unable to share them with you. But watch out, I am just loving the new sets I have seen so far.
When we checked in, we were presented with a great bag especially designed for convention, filled with goodies. Two brand new stamp sets, brand new rub ons, cap, pen and a lanyard. I was totally impressed, then at the conclusion of our last session, Shelli presented us all with yet another brand new set. To say everyone in the room was pretty happy, is a bit of an understatement. Then later that night I was lucky enough to be presented with yet another set for an award. Now I'll just have to be patient, and sit on them till September before I show you all.


This is the swap I made for convention. I have never swapped before, because I did not realise just how much fun it is. I now have a basket of amazing work from demonstrators all over the country and even some from New Zealand. It is so much fun to look through them and be inspired from all the talent that is out there.
Now I'll just have to start saving up so I can go to convention next year.

2 comments:

Fiona Harrison said...

Oh, this is my favourite swap, it is absolutely beautiful. I love purple, tiny tags, teacups & tea, so perfect in every way!!
Great job, I'm in awe,
Cheers,
Fiona x

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Michelle!!! You're the amazing creator of this delightful little treat. I UNFORTUNATELY didn't get to swap with you but I did have the absolute pleasure of Oooing and Aaarring over the one Fiona got.
This really is one of the sweetest little Tea Bag holder/CARDS I've seen. Just love it and it has CONVINCED me that I need to get that Tea Cup.
So glad you posted it on your blog.

Sarah
xx