Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Around the home Class Samples

The cards this week, are all ones I have been meaning to make for ages. You know, where you see an idea, or have a great thought, and think, yes I must make that....and days, weeks, months pass by and you never get around to it. Well, I managed to combine them all into one class, because they all have a "house" type theme to them.


This card, with a hand constructed blind is one I have always wanted to make. It's really easy and I'll give you a tip on punching the squares easily so they line up.


I saw a similar card to this one, on our Stampin Up site for demonstrators, made by Julie Leeper. I loved the vintage style dresser, so was excited to finally make one for myself. It includes a little watercolouring with markers.


I don't think I could cope with things falling out of my drawers like this, but it does make it more interesting!


Many months ago, while reading a magazine, I saw a card with a tablecloth and teapot on it, and filed it away in my head for future use. ....Finally, it came to being. The colour combo for this card came from the Colour Coach, a handy tool when you are stuck for a colour scheme to use.


I think I was having a very bright moment when I did this card one night, but because it is all water coloured with crayons, you are welcome to colour your card in whatever colours you fancy on the day. Colour is so mood dependant, don't you think? I generally love subtle combo's, but it is lots of fun to play outside your comfort zone. The colouring method we are using on this card is so easy, even my kids have no trouble with it. Plus it is lots of fun.


And for our last card, an abstract house using the soon to retire corner punch. It's such a shame they have to retire punches. I never part with these prized possessions.


This card was actually inspired by one my mother made recently. Thanks mum.

This class will be held on Saturday 6th August at 10.30am and Wednesday 10th at 10am. Class cost is $25 and includes all materials and tools. You don't need to bring a thing. Beginners and experienced crafters alike are all welcome.
Please RSVP so I can prepare a kit for you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really, why do you have to live so far away, Michelle? I love all of your cards so much! I think you should enter the Artisan Award, if you haven't already! Do they do that for Australian demos?

Your customers are so very lucky.

Take good care,
Jackie

A French Accent said...

Beautiful cards! So clever! Thank you for sharing...

Stephanie said...

Found this via Pinterest. Wow! Amazing cards. Love all the details, like the "clothes" coming out of the drawers!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Saw these on Pinterest too and have repinned. You're amazing and so are these cards! Love all of them in this post, especially the tea cabinet! TFS.

Drycha said...

awesome ideas! :) I especially like cabinet card.

Denise said...

Found your blog via a link on Alina's blog - http://simmcards.blogspot.co.uk/
Love what you create and have become a follower.
Hugs
Denise xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Such beautiful projects! I LOVE how you created the little houses! Thanks for the inspiration!

debb said...

Beautiful cards! Added your blog to my reader!

Colleen Walker said...

Michelle I just found you on Pinterest. I love your cards. I was looking for a pop up card to do. I have a few swaps I'm in and I didn't want to make them all the same. I really love the shade one. I would love to have instructions to make that one first. Thanks. I look forward in seeing your page all the time.
Colleen Walker

Lisa Barton said...

Wow I've stumbled across your site & now am hooked on your work! Great inspiration & beautifully made :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

I used your first card as inspiration for a post-it note holder!! I've linked my blog post to your blog with credit! :) LOVE your work!