Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

Using Stampin' Up markers


This month Stampin' Up is offering the sale of the markers individually for $4.95 ea which has prompted many questions about their use. I use my markers almost everyday and am using this opportunity to replace my most loved markers, chocolate chip and creamy caramel. Mostly I use them directly on the rubber stamps to stamp a small section of a stamp or use several colours on the one stamp. I just colour the rubber and stamp away. Very easy! I also use them for faux stitching, journalling and watercolouring (just colour on a sheet of plastic and use a brush or blender pen to apply to pic).
In the pic above I used the thumping technique to stamp the image. I simply inked up the tree in river rock to start with, then using a marker coloured the trunk brown right on top of the river rock. Then using the old olive marker thumped the marker randomly over the tree. Before stamping I used a sponge lightly over the stamp to mix the colours a little. I think it gives a natural looking tree, and really only took a few minutes to make.
Why not try using markers on your next project.






No comments: