Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Downline meeting

Recently (well, it was probably a month ago), I held a team meeting at my house for my downlines, that's Stampin Up speak for ladies who have joined Stampin Up with me. We had a few laughs, especially when I surprised them with a quiz on the new catalogues, enjoyed some cake, and made some cards. I wanted to use lots of new products on the projects, and these were the outcome. The first card above, uses a new stamp set, with the most beautiful font, called Blooming with Kindness. I have combined that with the new in colour, summer starfruit and a border with a new dazzle marker. I love these, so easy to use and give a lovely shine, especially on dark cardstock. I also shared some tips on getting lovely neat corners when drawing a border.

Then I wanted to use all the in colours and lots of different embossing folders, to create a thankyou card. Its always so handy to have a thankyou card. In the back ground we embossed a flourish with Flowering Flourishes.

I like that this card has so much texture.

To finish with, we had to make a simple christmas card using the new illuminate stamp pad. Now it doesn't show up well in the photograph, but this stamp has a lovely shimmer to it, perfect for xmas. The lacy border was done with the finishing Touches Edgelits.

I always enjoy catching up with my lovely team. Most of them will bring samples of their work along too, to share, which is my favourite part. So much inspiration can be gained by enjoying others work, and I always can't wait to start creating afterwards. My next meeting will be in November, so if you have been thinking about joining, but still have some questions contact me to discuss. You won't regret it.

No comments: